2012-08-05

500px

Let's face it, Flickr has been in "maintenance mode" for quite a long time and I've started looking at alternatives. Don't take me wrong, I want Flickr to succeed, since I've invested a *lot* of time and effort in creating a photoscape, which would be hard to encapsulate should the service disappear from the face of the Internet. 500px seems to be geared towards serious amateurs as well as professionals looking to showcase their pictures. Today, I decided to join up and give the service a go. At the same time I decided to move to Lightroom 4, whose 500px plug-in seems to work -- mostly. Why I say mostly is that the fact that I have to resample my photos for them to meet the 500px store's 3600px lower limit, the plug-in seems to "disagree" which photos have already been published. I guess it could also be due to the fact that I'm still a bit new to LR4 as well... Another minor issue is that there is no way to define your own license for the photos I have uploaded. For years I have licensed my photos under the Creative Commons license, apart from a couple of photos uploaded to iStock photo and now 500px. If 500px wants to win the hearts and minds of Flickrites, they will have to create an app to import photos from Flickr to 500px...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti